ILL Deuteration Laboratory
The Deuteration Laboratory (D-Lab) is run as a user platform and is part of the ILL Life Sciences Group in Grenoble, France. It allows users in the area of life sciences and structural biology to seek tailor-made deuterated biomolecules in support of neutron scattering, protein crystallography, dynamics and reflectometry. The D-Lab is one of the many technical platforms of the Partnership for Structural Biology (PSB) located on the EPN campus in Grenoble.
- Recombinant protein expression in bacteria and yeast
- Deuteration of whole organisms (bacteria, yeast, algae)
- Peptide synthesis by solid phase
- Expertise in large crystal growth
- Labelled biomass, from which the target biomolecule can be extracted, is supplied to the user.
- Some purified model proteins can be requested : Maltose-Binding Protein, Human Serum Albumin, Myoglobin, Pfu Rubredoxin, Alpha-synuclein, Lysozyme.
- Small deuterated molecule of biological interest (cholesterol, campesterol) produced in vivo.
- The D-lab is providing the biomass to the ILL Lipid-Lab for the purification of lipids.